Sunday 30 March 2014

Mother's Days Challenge

A card for my marvellous Mum.  My Mum loves poppies so I had had this stamp in mind for her card since last month, and then when I saw the theme of this months challenge, thought I should enter.  However, I didn't want to post it until I had given it to her!

The poppy was stamped using butterscotch, once using the whole stamp and once on a smaller card, just highlighting one area; I think it works well, highlighting the smaller bud rather than the more obvious main flower head.  Both stamped images were then coloured using gel pens, the card has a slight mica effect from using the gel pens; I have used 4 shades of red and 3 shades of green pens.  Both coloured images were then mounted on separate dark green card, leaving a narrow border.  The top, partial poppy, image was then mounted to line-up with the main image using foam pads, you may be able to see the shadow from the raised top layer.  I love this Clarity poppy stamp and have used it many times.
I love you Mum.

2 comments:

  1. A very pretty card and excellent for Mothers Day, I'm sure your Mum was delighted.
    Good luck in the Clarity Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. Thanks for entering the challenge and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete