Saturday 31 May 2014

Clarity words

 This months entry for the Clarity challenge. http://claritystampchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/challenge-15.html
The theme was words, so I was limited to a handful of words that I currently own (and no poems).  Although I have created many cards using the wonderfully useful letter box, I set myself the challenge to us the single word "Dream", which I had not previously used.  


Most of the card was created with watercolour pencils, which were wet-brushed after direct application, to soften the look.  The Clarity stamps used were the fence and birds from the birdhouse set (using Promarkers to create the shadow).  The split tree was used to create the grass and plants near the fence.  Then the inspiration for the whole card, the word "Dream" from the Birdcage set.

I would also like to add a few words in tribute to Maya Angelou, who died this week.  I was only recently introduced to the words of this inspirational lady; introduced by another inspirational lady Barbara Gray.  I have since read a number of her works and would encourage you to take the trouble to look her up.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” 
― Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment